Quality Adult Education in Lafayette, IN
If you’re an adult who needs a high school diploma in Lafayette, Indiana, The Excel Center is a school for adults offering free tuition and books as well as the flexibility adults need to balance work, school, and family.
- Free child care on-site for children age 6 weeks through 12 years makes going back to school easier.
- Free City Bus passes help you make it to class even if you don’t have a car or extra money for transportation.
- Free dual credit with Ivy Tech and professional certifications in areas like CNA, welding, and pharmacy technician put you on a path for success in higher education and your career.
At The Excel Center, you get the best adult education Lafayette, IN has to offer. Our staff is dedicated to your success and helping you to achieve your goals. As a public school for adults, we are committed to three core values:
- We commit to support and advise you in your education, career, and life goals so that you can BELIEVE in yourself.
- We offer a rigorous Core 40 curriculum, dual credit classes, and professional certifications so that you can get your high school diploma and ACHIEVE your academic and career goals.
- We equip you with the academic, professional, and personal skills you need to EXCEL in higher education and your career.
Are you an adult looking for a way to earn your high school diploma in Lafayette, Indiana? Choose success with The Excel Center adult high school.
Kelly Achieves Academic & Career Goals in Lafayette
Kelly's reasoning to return to school was simple--to advance in her career or obtain more education, she needed a high school diploma. One of the first students to earn a professional certification (Pharmacy Tech) at The Excel Center in Lafayette, Kelly is on pace to complete her diploma in less than a year. She admits it was hard work, but says, "it is all worth it."
Students Earn Forklift, HIRE Tech & Pharmacy Tech Certifications
We are extremely excited to recognize several students at The Excel Center Lafayette who passed their certification exams. Congratulations to the following students!
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA): Mykaila Johnson
Pharmacy Technician: Danielle Johnson, Kelly Hicks, and Wendy Pfeil.
HIRE Technology-Certified Logistics Associate (CLA): James Payne...read full story
Lafayette Celebrates Grand Opening
The Excel Center in Lafayette celebrated the official opening of our new location with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the Howarth Center last week.
More than 50 people were in attendance as members of The Excel Center leadership and community representatives spoke of their excitement about our grand opening...read full story
Meet James Payne
Wonderful, fantastic and loving are words James Payne uses to describe The Excel Center in Lafayette.
“Here, you’re surrounded by positive energy. Between the encouragement from coaches and motivation by peers, there’s no way you can fail,” said James. “We’re like one big family, all rooting for one another.”
His proudest moment came at the end of the first term, when grades were released. “Being recognized for my grades and attendance was surreal. I received A’s in classes I’ve failed at other schools. I thought, wow, this is possible. I can do this!” James was the school’s top credit-earner with 13 credits passed last term...read full story