Quality Adult Education in Lafayette, IN
If you’re an adult who needs a high school diploma in Lafayette, Indiana, The Excel Center is a school for adults offering free tuition and books as well as the flexibility adults need to balance work, school, and family.
- Free child care on-site for children age 6 weeks through 12 years makes going back to school easier.
- Free City Bus passes help you make it to class even if you don’t have a car or extra money for transportation.
- Free dual credit with Ivy Tech and professional certifications in areas like CNA, welding, and pharmacy technician put you on a path for success in higher education and your career.
At The Excel Center, you get the best adult education Lafayette, IN has to offer. Our staff is dedicated to your success and helping you to achieve your goals. As a public school for adults, we are committed to three core values:
- We commit to support and advise you in your education, career, and life goals so that you can BELIEVE in yourself.
- We offer a rigorous Core 40 curriculum, dual credit classes, and professional certifications so that you can get your high school diploma and ACHIEVE your academic and career goals.
- We equip you with the academic, professional, and personal skills you need to EXCEL in higher education and your career.
Are you an adult looking for a way to earn your high school diploma in Lafayette, Indiana? Choose success with The Excel Center adult high school.
Graduates prepare for college and careers
On Friday, October 3,The Excel Center recognized 30 graduates who met state standards for a high school diploma and have earned college credit and/or a professional certification. Many are pursuing post-secondary education, and others have begun new careers.
By the numbers
-Thirteen graduates will pursue post-secondary degrees; the cohort has already earned 64 college credits.
-Graduates earned 21 certifications:
-15 for forklift operation
-Five in early child development
-One for pharmacy technician
-Nineteen graduates earned full-time employment or a higher wage as result of earning their diploma and/or certification.
Kelly Achieves Academic & Career Goals in Lafayette
Kelly's reasoning to return to school was simple--to advance in her career or obtain more education, she needed a high school diploma. One of the first students to earn a professional certification (Pharmacy Tech) at The Excel Center in Lafayette, Kelly earned her diploma in less than a year. She admits it was hard work, but says, "it is all worth it."