Quality Adult Education in Lafayette, IN
If you’re an adult who needs a high school diploma in Lafayette, Indiana, The Excel Center is a school for adults offering free tuition and books as well as the flexibility adults need to balance work, school, and family.
- Free child care on-site for children age 6 weeks through 12 years makes going back to school easier.
- Free City Bus passes help you make it to class even if you don’t have a car or extra money for transportation.
- Free dual credit with Ivy Tech and professional certifications in areas like CNA, welding, and pharmacy technician put you on a path for success in higher education and your career.
At The Excel Center, you get the best adult education Lafayette, IN has to offer. Our staff is dedicated to your success and helping you to achieve your goals. As a public school for adults, we are committed to three core values:
- We commit to support and advise you in your education, career, and life goals so that you can BELIEVE in yourself.
- We offer a rigorous Core 40 curriculum, dual credit classes, and professional certifications so that you can get your high school diploma and ACHIEVE your academic and career goals.
- We equip you with the academic, professional, and personal skills you need to EXCEL in higher education and your career.
Are you an adult looking for a way to earn your high school diploma in Lafayette, Indiana? Choose success with The Excel Center adult high school.
Graduate Finds Job with New Diploma
With a diploma and the help of Goodwill's TalentSource, Tom Baer is now employed full-time with Alorica.
Tom recently accepted a customer service position with Alorica. His offer came just three weeks after graduation. He plans to attend Ivy Tech in the fall of 2015, and then transfer to Purdue University to study computer science and mathematics.
Tom enrolled when the school opened in 2013 and graduated in May. He admitted, he wasn't a fan of school but knew he needed a diploma to advance. "I saw it as a necessity. You can't get by without a high school diploma," said Tom.
He also earned 12 dual credits and an Early Childhood Education certificate at The Excel Center.
Lafayette Celebrates First Graduating Class
Check out photos from the event here, and follow links below to read student speeches.
Mykaila Marie Johnson, 18, completed requirements for her diploma in two terms at The Excel Center, graduating in February 2014. She earned a nursing assistant certification (CNA) through Ivy Tech Community College. Mykaila is currently working full-time at Incontact Solutions and is interviewing for CNA positions. She plans to attend Ivy Tech for nursing this fall. Read Mykaila’s speech…
Katherine Lynn Nelson, 28, also accelerated her time at The Excel Center, earning her diploma in three terms. Katherine completed a CNA certification, earned college credits in three courses at Ivy Tech and maintained a 3.5 GPA. She will pursue an associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education at Ivy Tech. Read Katherine’s speech…
Inga and Jaysheena Nominated for Outstanding Student Award
Annually, Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana recognizes an Excel Center student for exceptional achievement. The recipient is chosen from over 3,000 candidates. Inga Hampton and Jaysheena Fowler were two of 30 students nominated this year.
Kelly Achieves Academic & Career Goals in Lafayette
Kelly's reasoning to return to school was simple--to advance in her career or obtain more education, she needed a high school diploma. One of the first students to earn a professional certification (Pharmacy Tech) at The Excel Center in Lafayette, Kelly is on pace to complete her diploma in less than a year. She admits it was hard work, but says, "it is all worth it."