Excellence in Adult Education in Kokomo, Indiana
Are you an adult wanting to complete a high school diploma in Kokomo? If so, look no further than The Excel Center. Located at 101 West Superior Street, Kokomo, IN 46901, our adult high school is dedicated to giving you the tools you need for success.
- We offer direct instruction classes Mondays through Thursdays—both during the day and in the evenings—so you have the flexibility you need to balance work, school, and family responsibilities.
- We teach Core 40 classes so you get the credits you need to get your high school diploma.
- We offer FREE child care and are located on the city’s free trolley line, making it easier for busy adults to get their high school diploma in Kokomo.
As a Kokomo school for adults, we offer the benefits of a public education—like free tuition and books—with additional programs and support targeted to adults in Howard County and the surrounding areas just like you.
- You can take dual credit classes, earning free credits at Ivy Tech to help you get started on a path to higher education.
- You can get a professional certification for career advancement in areas such as child development, pharmacy technician, welding, forklift operation, and manufacturing.
- You can turn to our knowledgeable staff for guidance in planning your future education or career path.
At The Excel Center in Kokomo, we’re dedicated to your success!
Kokomo Celebrates Largest Graduating Class
Check out photos from the event here, and follow links below to read student speeches.
Henry Bridges, 26, enrolled at The Excel Center to increase his career opportunities. He was tired of minimum wage jobs and found it difficult to find the pay he desired with no diploma. Henry took advantage of The Excel Center’s accelerated classes and completed requirements for his diploma in one year. He plans to use his diploma and forklift certification to find employment as a forklift operator. Read his speech...
Arlene Kimbell left high school to work and help support her family. Eventually, she knew she wanted to return to school, but her options were limited. She learned about The Excel Center when it opened in Kokomo last fall and enrolled. Despite having only 13 credits, she earned her Core 40 high school diploma and early childhood development certification in less than a year.
Arlene, 40, was the class valedictorian and also served on the school’s first student council. She is currently gaining professional experience as an intern in The Excel Center’s drop-in child care center and plans to attend Ivy Tech to pursue a career as a child care associate. Read her speech...
Caitlin Matthews, 22, is a single mother who was tired of working dead-end jobs. She realized her earning potential was limited without a high school diploma. Caitlin wanted a change, so she enrolled at The Excel Center in fall of 2013. She saw herself improve in areas of study she once dreaded, such as writing. Caitlin earned college credit for her writing course and received an A+ in the class. She is currently employed at Meijer as a pharmacy technician and plans to enroll in the Ivy Tech nursing program. Read her speech...
Meet Student Latoya Dickerson
Latoya Dickerson is in her second term at The Excel Center in Kokomo. She always wanted to return to school and earn her diploma, but didn't have the time. She explains how The Excel Center removes many barriers her and others have faced that prevented them from returning to school.