Excellence in Adult Education in Kokomo, Indiana
Are you an adult wanting to complete a high school diploma in Kokomo? If so, look no further than The Excel Center. Located at 101 West Superior Street, Kokomo, IN 46901, our adult high school is dedicated to giving you the tools you need for success.
- We offer direct instruction classes Mondays through Thursdays—both during the day and in the evenings—so you have the flexibility you need to balance work, school, and family responsibilities.
- We teach Core 40 classes so you get the credits you need to get your high school diploma.
- We offer FREE child care and are located on the city’s free trolley line, making it easier for busy adults to get their high school diploma in Kokomo.
As a Kokomo school for adults, we offer the benefits of a public education—like free tuition and books—with additional programs and support targeted to adults in Howard County and the surrounding areas just like you.
- You can take dual credit classes, earning free credits at Ivy Tech to help you get started on a path to higher education.
- You can get a professional certification for career advancement in areas such as child development, pharmacy technician, welding, forklift operation, and manufacturing.
- You can turn to our knowledgeable staff for guidance in planning your future education or career path.
At The Excel Center in Kokomo, we’re dedicated to your success!
Spring Graduation 2014
The Excel Center-Kokomo will celebrate its first graduating class May 9 at Creative Financial Centre (2704 S. Goyer Road, Kokomo, IN 46902). The Ceremony will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Meet Student Latoya Dickerson
Latoya Dickerson is in her second term at The Excel Center in Kokomo. She always wanted to return to school and earn her diploma, but didn't have the time. She explains how The Excel Center removes many barriers her and others have faced that prevented them from returning to school.
Meet Coach Janet Gall
“Walking into work to see students lined up outside of the door, 45 minutes prior to class and eager to learn, that’s what makes my day,” says Janet Gall, a coach at The Excel Center in Kokomo.
Gall admits her job has challenges, but insists that the end result is well worth it. “Helping adults redirect their focus to education after being away from school can be very challenging. Sometimes that means me staying on them, and other times it’s their classmates. It’s truly a team effort.” Read full story