Excellence in Adult Education in Kokomo, Indiana
Are you an adult wanting to complete a high school diploma in Kokomo? If so, look no further than The Excel Center. Located at 101 West Superior Street, Kokomo, IN 46901, our adult high school is dedicated to giving you the tools you need for success.
- We offer direct instruction classes Mondays through Thursdays—both during the day and in the evenings—so you have the flexibility you need to balance work, school, and family responsibilities.
- We teach Core 40 classes so you get the credits you need to get your high school diploma.
- We offer FREE child care and are located on the city’s free trolley line, making it easier for busy adults to get their high school diploma in Kokomo.
As a Kokomo school for adults, we offer the benefits of a public education—like free tuition and books—with additional programs and support targeted to adults in Howard County and the surrounding areas just like you.
- You can take dual credit classes, earning free credits at Ivy Tech to help you get started on a path to higher education.
- You can get a professional certification for career advancement in areas such as child development, pharmacy technician, welding, forklift operation, and manufacturing.
- You can turn to our knowledgeable staff for guidance in planning your future education or career path.
At The Excel Center in Kokomo, we’re dedicated to your success!
Nance Hired in Drop-in Center
Graduating in May, Ashly Nance is enrolled at Ivy Tech studying business. While attending school, she will also work in The Excel Center's drop-in center, a free child care service for students.
An honors student, Ashly was named most improved student for term three and earned student of the term recognition for her performance in term four.
Kokomo Celebrates First Graduating Class
Check out photos from the event here, and follow links below to read student speeches.
Tarey Love, 32, enrolled September 2013 when the school opened in Kokomo. She maintained a 3.2 GPA and earned college credits through dual enrollment at Ivy Tech Community College. Tarey plans to study Medical Assisting at Ivy Tech this fall. Read Tarey's speech...
Krystal Watters, 28, also started when The Excel Center opened in Kokomo. She earned ECE and Forklift certification from Ivy Tech Community College, and is graduating with honors. Krystal plans to enter the workforce and attend Ivy Tech to study Pharmacy Tech. Read Krystal's speech...
Meet Student Latoya Dickerson
Latoya Dickerson is in her second term at The Excel Center in Kokomo. She always wanted to return to school and earn her diploma, but didn't have the time. She explains how The Excel Center removes many barriers her and others have faced that prevented them from returning to school.